Wednesday 29 December 2010

My favourite books to teach French

The books I use most for adults are 'Grammaire en dialogues' (CLE) by Claire Miquel, niveau débutant andniveau intermédiaire. They both come with a CD. These books are organized the same way: each lesson has a realistic dialogue to do with work or family life. It is followed by a grammar page then an exercise page. After a few chapters, there is a 'bilan' to practice the last chapters' grammar points. It's a good way of seeing if you need re-explaining and more practice. 

Most of my students also have 'Grammaire progressive du français', niveau débutant or niveau intermédiaire(the latter is the blue one shown here, the beginner's one is orange). 

More on the other books in another post. Feel free to email me or write a comment if you have questions. 

3 comments:

  1. ahh once again I see how Cle is very good at communication and other....
    Did you ever try the books from editions Didier to teach and learn french?
    Every time I read about Cle I feel so frustrated... because I had the opportunity to work for both once so I know how both work.
    And really I do think that Editions Didier are much better to teach french.
    May be a bit less fancy and easy, I suppose...
    But I might be a "snob" as I do prefer the second to the first....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the CLE books... The Grammaire Progressive is THE book I make all my students get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Marigami: I'm going to have a look.

    @ Claire: yes, me too. Most of my students have 'La Grammaire progressive du français' (intermédiaire). The Beginner's one is too slow, but great students who want to take it slowly and are real beginners.

    ReplyDelete